Starting your own home compost is easier than you might think!
Here are five simple steps to get you started:
- Get a compost bin. You can either build one yourself or buy one. For best results, we recommend a bin that’s 3’x3’x3′.
- Gather your materials. You’ll need both nitrogen-rich materials (like grass clippings, manure, and vegetable scraps) and carbon-rich materials (like dead leaves, sawdust, and coffee grounds). Avoid adding meat or pet waste.
- Build your compost pile. Alternate between wet and dry materials, and keep food scraps towards the center to discourage pests.
- Let it cook. Your compost needs air, water, and the right temperature to decompose properly. Place your bin in a sunny spot, and make sure to poke holes and turn the compost from time to time.
- Harvest your compost. When it’s ready, your compost will be dark brown and have an earthy smell. Use it in your garden to nourish your plants and add nutrients to the soil.
Join the compost revolution today! With Humidi Naturals and other eco-friendly materials, you can reduce plastic waste and help protect the earth.